- 1 kg. mutton cubes
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 1inch piece ginger, peeled and cut into small sticks
- 4-5 green chillies cut into half
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp. garam masala
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1\2 cup oil
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan or karahai. Add chopped ginger and green chilli, stirring frequently fry for 2 minutes.
- Add meat and salt. Stirring frequently fry until the meat is well browned
- Add water, stir well and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the meat is almost tender, and nearly all the water has evaporated.
- Add chopped tomatoes, stirring frequently fry the meat mixture for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes are reduced to a pulp. Add a little water if necessary to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Add ginger sticks, chopped green chili, black pepper and garam masala. Still stirring frequently fry the mixture for few more minutes. Sprinkle with finely chopped coriander leaves
- Serve hot with nan or chapati.
Try our Chicken Karahi
Source: Mutton Karahi